Monday, March 19, 2012

At the table...

Hey "y'all"
    being that it's Monday, I chose to talk about table manners.  Here are some tips and tricks I thought I'd share with you on topic of table manners:

1. Put your napkin in your lap (even though it sounds like a broken record, it's just a part of manners and you can always ask for extra napkins)
2. have you ever sat down at a table and wondered which glass and bread plate was yours?  Here is a cool trick to avoid that:  take your index finger and thumb and touch the two fingertips together sticking your other fingers up, do that with both hands, do you see how that makes and "b" and a "d" shape?  The one hand that makes a "b" is the side that your bread plate is on and and the "d" hand is the side that your drink is on.  Just keep in mind when you go to a restaurant with other people, don't do it so everyone can see, you don't want to make it look obvious you don't know which plate and glass goes where.
3. Good posture (sit up straight, shoulders back)
4. again, I know it will sound like a broken record; but, I'm a strong believer in no cell phones at the table.  My parents rarely let us have cell phones at the table and I find that whenever a cell phone is at the table, the people can't focus in on the conversations and it does frusterate others
5. rule of them when it comes to manners...if you have to question it, just do it the way you think is best or look around to see the way other people are using their manners.

I hope you had a great day and I hope these table manners will help you in the future!  I'm thinking of having a manners party soon where a guide comes in to help you while you and a few guests eat at the table.  My mom works with someone who teaches it and my mom has been trying to get me to take the class for years with my friends and I think now that I've started this blog I'm more open to trying it bc I definitely want to blog about it and of course it will be good for me to take for now and in the future!
Check back in tmo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment