Hey "y'all"!! Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the warmer weather!!
Miss Manners Monday #1:
"Good manners are free, but fogetting them often costs you dearly."
~Traditional Southern Wisdom
*I found this quote in the handbook, The Grits (Girls Raised In The South) Guide to Life by Deborah Ford. I thought this would be a good way to start off my Miss Manners Monday because having manners is so important in life & I believe a simple "please" or "thank you" will get you far in life. However, manners do go beyond "please" and "thank you". A person with a good set of manners will incorperate them into every aspect of their life whether it's for how to entertain properly, a professional environment, how to dress properly, holding the door for someone, etc...
I believe manners and the South go hand in hand because the South is known for it's hospitality. It's common for girls raised in the South to participate in Cotillions, debutantes, and pageants because not only is it part of their lifestyle but it teaches girls the valuable lessons that include manners.
*Let me know what all of you true southerners think of today's post! Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment