Hey "y'all"
So today is the first day of summer for me and it is actually the first day of summer officially! To me, it's more exciting than Christmas. I have so many summer traditions to keep the feeling of summer alive for as long as possible. Today I went down to the beach and I have never experienced a day at the beach like today, it was amazing! It wasn't buggy, not too hot (even though New York is experiencing a massive heat wave already), and the waves were my favorite part about the beach today...they were the perfect size for those who are like me who mostly just go in to relax and float...I'm not really into surfing but I'm always up for the challenge lol. Also, this moring before heading to the beach I went to get one of the top foods New York is famous for...Bagels! I had a whole wheat bagel with vegetable cream cheese and I discovered that the bagel store that I normally go to has the most amazing iced tea...it was perfect and very refreshing and will definitely be ordered more often when I visit the bagel store lol. After a long day one would think I'd be exaughsted lol...but I guess I'm so excited that summer is finally here that I can't fall asleep so I am staying up right now because I made red velvet cookies....I didn't feel like making the full cupcake and worry about having to frost them and I had never made them before so I thought why not. They were so easy to make and they are so yummy, these would be perfect for the 4th of July...even if you wanted to you could take a little cream cheese frosting to frost them and finish it off with some sprinkles. So I'm officially going to at least try to go to sleep, I hope y'all had a great first day of Summer!!
~I know what y'all know I'm thankful for today...Summer of course!!
Country Song of the Day: "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney
~Jane
*The following pictures are the fresh batch of Red Velvet Cake Batter cookies I made like 10 minutes ago lol
No comments:
Post a Comment