Thursday, June 21, 2012

My fave German meal

Hey "y'all"

     So the other day I joined my grandma, uncle and cousins for a nice family dinner the other day!  I couldn't pass up the offer to join them because my grandma was making some of the best German food ever and plus my parents were away on vacation that week and I didn't feel like making myself dinner the first night they went away!!  I am of German background and my grandma is from Germany so she's the head chef when it comes to making all things German!  However, I love making German food with her and it means a lot to me that I get to do that!  I wanted to make sure I posted pictures of the food for you guys to see for yourselves how yummy this food looks! 

p.s.  ~ I want y'all to know that my cousin tried to make the German recipie that I'm known for making in the family, and she forgot to add the salt...Just goes to show that you don't mess with the best lol

~Jane
Spaetzle (spet-zle) kinda pronounced like pretzel but with a "sp" sound infront and no "r" lol it's like German pasta...so good!

"German Chicken"

Red Cabbage...yum!

my cousins plate of the spaetzle and "German Chicken"

my plate...including a little bit of everything & applesauce

No comments:

Post a Comment